Date:20/09/2017 - 21/09/2017
Repeat Every Day
From Policy to Practice; Making Refugee-Host Relations a win-win
A regional conference on forced migration.
The conference seeks to analyse the progressive refugee policies vis-a-vis the practice while addressing the realities of refugees and also taking care of the concerns of the host population. It will focus on the following key areas among others;
• Realities of the progressive legal and policy frameworks governing refugees in Uganda
• An analysis of the self-reliance strategy as a form of refugee management
• The viability of existing strategies to address the disparities between refugees and their hosts (STA, ReHOPE, CRRF)
• Ensuring the protection of refugees with mixed migratory movements within the Great Lakes Region and Horn of Africa.
• Screening for experiences of violence among South Sudanese refugees: Uncovering hidden realities
• Approaches to refugee managementand protectionfrom other refugee hosting countries from the region.
• Strategic litigation-Experiences from the region